Flood Insurance in Bethesda, MD serving Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC
Flood insurance covers losses to your property caused by water damage due to flooding. From structural and mechanical damage to flood debris clean-up and floor surfaces (such as carpeting and tile), your investment is protected by a flood insurance policy, something that your homeowners policy does not offer.
Check Your Coverage Before Flood Waters Rise
Floods can happen anywhere, anytime. They’re one of the most unpredictable catastrophes, and just a few inches of water can soak your home and sock your wallet. And, according to safety experts, your home has a greater chance of being damaged by a flood than a fire.
But, did you know that homeowners insurance policies don’t cover flood damage? Only flood insurance will cover the losses.
We can help you secure flood insurance to protect your home or business. Flood coverage options are available to you through:
- Erie Insurance, which has partnered with American Bankers Insurance Company. American Bankers is one of the top flood carriers in the country. They have consistently received an excellent rating for financial strength from A.M. Best credit rating organization.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s National Flood Insurance Program. The NFIP offers flood insurance to homeowners, renters and business owners.
It’s a good idea to start the process as soon as you can because most flood insurance policies have at least a 30-day waiting period before they take effect.
Also, premium costs for residential properties vary depending on coverage, which is available for your building, contents, or both. Our agency can help you determine the flood risk level for your home and property, and we will advise you on your appropriate level of insurance protection. Give us a call to learn more about adding this coverage to your insurance package.
Having flood insurance gives you many benefits. Not only is coverage there when you need it, but it also:
- Compensates for all covered losses
- Compensates for flood damages even if federal disaster aid is unavailable
- Pays for your covered losses, unlike loans provided through federal disaster assistance, which are interest bearing
- Comes in low-cost policies for those who qualify
- Guarantees compensation for flood damages because the Federal government backs NFIP flood insurance
- Helps you move on – if your property is damaged by flood, your Brock agent is there to help you handle your claim (note: most claims are paid within 30 to 60 days)
* With permission from Insurance Information Institute
If you are interested in obtaining more information or a free quote, contact Brock Insurance Services.
Request a Free Quote
Please fill out the form below to receive a free no-obligation insurance quote
Please Fill all fields before submitting
Areas We Service
As an independent insurance agency, we serve the Montgomery County area including Rockville, Silver Spring and Gaithersburg, MD.Brock Insurance Services Inc