Homeowners Insurance in Bethesda, MD serving Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington DC
When most people hear the word "insurance," they think of their cars, but in many cases their home is the most important and expensive piece of property they own. Our full-service agency, based in Bethesda, MD, offers a variety of comprehensive Homeowners Insurance policies to choose from. To best serve our clients, we offer homeowners insurance plans which may be tailored to suit your individual needs and budget.
Brock Insurance Service represents a variety of providers, many of whom offer policies which automatically include a full set of standard features that cover your dwelling, personal property and other structures. They may also include liability protection, loss-of-use and medical-payments-to-others coverage. To reduce your homeowners insurance premiums, you may take advantage of higher deductibles, discounts and credits, and you can add endorsements to your policy to broaden the protection limits even further.
Possible discounts include:
- Multi-policy – By insuring your auto and home with Brock Insurance Services, you may receive a discount on your auto premium as well as your homeowners insurance premium.
- New Home – Receive a discount if you live in a new home.
- Premises Alarm – This discount is applied to your premium if you have smoke detectors installed in your home.
- Sprinkler System Credit – If you install and maintain a sprinkler system, you will receive a credit on your homeowners premium.
Managing your Deductible:
To lower you Homeowners Insurance premiums you can pay smaller claims yourself or choose a higher deductible. Your carrier may offer a choice of deductibles, including:
Brock Insurance Services, based in Bethesda, MD offers a variety of optional coverage options to meet your individual needs. These can be added to your Homeowners policy by endorsement for a minimal additional premium:
- Expanded Endorsement – You can increase the special amounts listed under the Personal Property Coverage section of your policy
Enhancement Endorsement – This endorsement
increases the special amounts to even higher limits and includes these
- Payment for direct loss caused by water or sewage that backs up through sewers or drains.
- Payment of up to an additional 10 percent of the amount on Dwelling Coverage for loss to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns on the residence premises.
- Waiver of deductible shown on the policy declarations page for any loss from covered peril, exceeding $50,000.
- Personal Computer Coverage.
- Replacement Cost on Personal Property.
Take Stock of Your Belongings with a Print or Online Home Inventory
For most of us, home is more than a house. It’s a cherished source of memories and a treasure chest for our keepsakes. And on a practical level, it’s filled with things we use every day. That’s why when a fire destroys a home, it cuts deeply into our lives. Having an up-to-date home inventory can help you get back on your feet after a disaster.
There are a number of reasons why a home inventory is important:
- It can help you determine how much insurance you may need.
- It speeds up the claims process, reducing hassle in already trying times.
- Most importantly, it enables you to rebuild your life as completely as possible after a loss.
Brock Insurance Services offers guidance on what to include in your home inventory. Just go through your house, room by room. Mark down each item, including its current replacement cost. When you’re done, give us a call to help you review your contents and ensure that your insurance coverage is sufficient. Also, make sure to store your inventory in a fireproof box or outside your home altogether.
The Insurance Information Institute (III) also makes it easy for homeowners to keep a record of belongings. The organization offers free home inventory software you—and family members—can easily download to a home computer.
With the software, each birthday gift and new purchase can be quickly added to the ever-changing list. That list can be regularly backed up on a CD or in paper form and stored outside of the home for extra protection. To learn about the software and to download it, visit knowyourstuff.org.
Contact us to learn more about our array of home insurance policies. Need a quote? call us 301-564-3630.
Request a Free Quote
Please fill out the form below to receive a free no-obligation insurance quote
Please Fill all fields before submitting
Areas We Service
As an independent insurance agency, we serve the Montgomery County area including Rockville, Silver Spring and Gaithersburg, MD.Brock Insurance Services Inc